Thursday, October 2, 2008

The One About Excitement, Disappointment, and Tolerance

It's been a crazy week, bloggers. I wanted to show you some pictures of some really cute fall clothes I got the kids yesterday! I even took the pictures of them...but I don't have the energy to look for my camera cord this morning :P

I've been very thoughtful this week, and I feel like I'm holding up pretty well through a lot of ups and downs. I thought I was buying a car this week, and then at the last minute the buyer backed out. I took that in stride. We don't have a vehicle and I've been walking everywhere for 6 weeks now. I will need to get one within the next two weeks because it's going to begin to get too cold. But that's okay, I will for sure make that happen. I have the money and the right seller will come along. It's just disappointing to have it fall through.

I thought for a moment that we were going to go see David today, and that fell through as well. This is the kind of disappointment I will have to learn to deal with as a military wife...but it still doesn't make it any easier. He is really struggling to shave off the last few SECONDS of his two mile run and he's really depressed, making it even harder.

An online friend of mine became an easy target recently when the local news station did a story about her weight loss using the Wii Fit. she's done fantastic! But she was flamed left and right on the news station's website for having "too many" children. Really? I mean seriously, is this what people do with their spare time? I'm disenchanted with the lack of tolerance. It just disappoints me that people would be so ugly.

So it's not been a bad week necessarily, just a disappointing one. I'll tell you the most interesing part though...when i am stressed i have nightmares. I had a nightmare last night that Naomi died. Can you imagine my elation to wake up and see her sleeping next to me?

Readers, I'm reminding you to be thankful. If your husband comes home from work tongiht, be thankful that he is there for you to hug hello. If you have a car to get in and run your errands, be thankful for that! I don't have those things at the moment but I will again soon and I'll surely be glad for them! For the moment, though, I'm just so thankful for what I do have, which is three beautiful children to love on and a hubby that loves me from many miles away :)

7 comments:

Ava in Wonderland said...

Aww *huggs* I hope you week gets better!!

Anonymous said...

Aww.. I'm sorry about your disappointments this week. I'll be praying for your hubby to have extra OOMPH in his steps when he runs.

And your friend with the wii? AWESOME for her about the weight loss (is there a link online anywhere - I could use the motivation), but totally ridiculous about the flaming. I will never understand why people need to judge other people's lives in such a way!

Anyway, thanks for sharing, and I hope you have a much BETTER weekend!!!

Barb said...

I've had a rotten week as well, Lena. A lot of people have. And you're so right, we need to be counting our many blessings. I'm praying for you ~ a faster husband and a faster mode of transportation!

here's to a better week next week! Love ya! Hang in there!

Charlie's Nana said...

I came to say ... Aww *huggs* and eve beat me to it. But, I'm saying it anyway. :-) Hope it all gets better.

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Yes, we all have to remember to be thankful for what we have. Sorry to hear you've had a dissapointing few days, hope they get better hon!

It is amazing that people can be so ugly. I just don't understand why they are that way. Instead of congratulating someone on a success, they seem to thrive on the negative in their own lives and bring it down on others. Not right.

Here's a great big hug for ya!


{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}

Chels said...

((Hugs))

Things will get better soon!

Anonymous said...

Aww Lena, I hope you have a better week this week!! ((HUGS))