Sunday, August 3, 2008

The One With The Dog House

So today I was supposed to be packing for my trip...and instead I scrapped. I just had so many ideas swimming around in my head, I couldn't stop! I could have done five more pages but I had to go to the grocery store....which, for the record, is my least favorite place on earth. But, I did get some photos printed to mail off to David.

I'm having a funky evening because I'm having a spat with David and I got to talk to him on the phone for the first time in 3 weeks...the phone calls are never long enough...this time, about 4 or 5 minutes...and it is hard to enjoy the conversation because in that amount of time we are usually running through the business end of the marriage (Naomi had a doctor's appointment, I paid the phone bill, that sort of thing...) and it doesn't leave much room for a lingering conversation...it stinks. And everyone pray that David makes it out of the doghouse because right now that's where he is...for forgetting my birthday, for one. ;) Poor guy can't catch a break :P

So I'm leaving at 6 a.m. to get the rental car and go pick up Nathan from his dad's.

I have the following things for the kids for the car:

clear juice, fruit snacks
composition notebooks and crayons (back to school sale!)
2 unread paperback books for Nathan
portable DVD player and various DVD's
gameboy and games
mp3 player

If that won't occupy the two of them, nothing will!

I'll leave you with my layout and I'm out!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that you're addicted to scrapping, don't you?
I consider grocery shopping a necessary evil.

I forgot how old the bigger babies are, but if you're going to get juce, you might want to schedule a couple extra ptty breaks. I'm so glad that my kids can drive me around no; I'm dreading when they have to start bringing things to keep me occupied!

Layouts are gorgeous as usual.

Ava in Wonderland said...

Gorgeous LO's!!

Barb said...

Have a great trip, Lena! I love your layouts, they're all so classic and happy!

I like the grocery shopping, but I hate putting the loot away once I get home....

Amanda said...

I totally understand about the short calls. DH and I get the same thing when he's away. And I hate to say it, but get used to missed occasions. I'm sure he's thinking about you and the kids every moment he gets that the military isn't telling him what to think. Hopefully he'll make up for it when he gets the chance.

Have fun on your trip! It sounds like you've got your bases covered and if you travel at naptimes, you might even get sleep from the little ones.

Love the layouts! Hang in there!

Michelle said...

We are leaving for a trip in just a bit. (And I'm reading blogs). I wanted to squeeze out one more layout last night and DH was ready to start packing the car and I kept putting him off.
Were packed and I am leaving the computer behind for a few days. (I have my blackberry so it will not be totat withdrawls.)
Great layouts.

Anonymous said...

Hope you and the kiddos have a safe and FUN trip Lena! You deserve it. I can't wait to hear about it!!

Love the layouts. Parker is getting SO big!!

BTW: I *hate* grocery shopping too. The thought of going makes me ill!! LOL

Beth said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous layout!

Good luck on your drive . . . it does sound like you have everything you need to keep them occupied!