Monday, August 18, 2008

The One With A Public Apology

to my friends, Ben and Jerry. I will be a bit scarce for a while. I hope you don't mind.


..................sigh..........................

You ever just feel like ick on a stick, bloggers? Well I do. So I'm cutting out the processed foods and refined sugars for a week. And I picked up some vitamins. We'll see if it helps. I went to the store today and bought a case of water, some decaf green tea, chicken breasts, red potatoes and a TON of fresh fruits and veggies. And that's all I'm going to eat for a week. Seriously, that's it. Oh, and some calcium chews since I am going dairy free too. I normally don't do extreme stuff but I love all of the foods I listed, I don't bore easily with meals (ate pbj and an apple every day for lunch forever), and I'm desperate to feel less lethargic, etc. Before I pay to go to the doctor I want to see if a change in diet will improve my energy level. We'll see if it makes me feel any better and then I'll make decisions from there on what to do...but my sodium intake has been through the roof lately as has my sugar intake...and I feel absolutely crummy. So wish me luck! It's just a week. And I will miss my friends...had a Cherry Garcia ice cream bar to bid them adieu.

I am home....3,059 miles later (officially) and recovering. I'll be around more as I start to fall back into my routine. I can't wait to share layouts and photos with you but for now I'll share just this one...my heart...the loves of my life!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is just the sweetest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

That is such a gorgeous photo!!
I've been feeling icky recently so i've just started taking multi vitamins and eating healthily!

Barb said...

Welcome home, Lena! And I hear ya on the salt and sugar (and add processed flour into that too). It makes me feel like total crud.

Bird Stalker Photography said...

Sweet photo! I hope the change in diet really helps you!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo.

I hope you feel more energised soon :)

Lynn said...

very cute photo.
i can relate to the icky feeling, although, i am pretty sure i can contribute that fact to the two terrors growing inside me. ugh. i can barely move these days!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm with you I'm feeling it too. I went and bought the book the clean eat diet and I've been working on it so my diet looks somewhat like yours. My grocery cart looked odd as I stuffed it full of fresh fruit and vegetables, water, egg whites, oats, and all clean eats. But it feels great to have the power to change. Thanks for sharing and the pic of your children is adorable.

Michelle said...

Cute photo. Enjoy the fresh fruits and veggies. This is the time of year to love them.

Anonymous said...

Aw, love the picture...

and YOU GO, girl! I need to do exactly what you are doing, for exactly the same reasons. I keep talking about going to the doctor, but if I can help myself, I should! Thanks for sharing - you've motivated me to get my behind to the store to get what I need to eat healthy. (funny how I don't have a lot of those items here, eh?)

Anonymous said...

Oh I so need a picture like that! What a great idea!!