Thursday, September 18, 2008

The One With The Change of Heart

Just a quick note and I'll share the long story and pictures tomorrow! After all of the military drama, I woke up today on what was supposed to be "family day" and I wasn't in bad spirits really. David had been able to call me last night and again this morning, so the day was going okay. Naomi and I were actually working on an arts and crafts project when David called and said the commander had had a change of heart and that we could come for family day. It was noon. Family day ended at 9:30 pm and it was a four hour drive. But you better believe I made it! I arrived at Ft. Knox at 4:15 and David and I had a wonderful evening. 5 hours was so much more than we thought we'd have so we were both elated. I'll share more later but I don't have the best connection here at the hotel. Going home tomorrow and will blog then! David still isn't graduating tomorrow but he's in good spirits. They may allow him to retake the PT test on Monday but he doesn't know for a fact yet. If he passes, he could move on to AIT as early as Tuesday. I'll chat with you later bloggers!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh hey girl I remember when ur DH left. So sad. I understand how the decison had to be made. DH and I are having a rough year too. I am so glad u had time for yourselves.

Laura Burger's Blog said...

So happy that you were able to spend a few hours with hubby! I know I would have been so upset if it where me. And hope he passes soon!

DawnMarch said...

I'm so glad you got to see him after all. I know those hours must have been precious to all of you!

movefearlessly said...

that's really great news!

jaye said...

I am so glad to hear you were able to spend time with your dearest. Keep your chin up and try to find the little rays of sun that are peeking through the clouds right now.
Thinking of you.