Monday, September 22, 2008

The One With The Rest Of The Story

So what a crazy week it's been bloggers! After being certain that David and I weren't going to get to see each other this week, he called late Wednesday night. He was in a really good mood and I was wondering why. Since the guys were graduating, they returned their cell phones and he was able to call me and talk for about 2 hours! This was opposed to about 4 five minute phone calls over the last 3 months. It was SO nice and relaxed! We chatted and I really came to peace about not seeing him. After being on the phone until 2 in the morning, he called again at 7 a.m. and we talked for a while longer. I went on about my day...got up and got the kids dressed, though I was still in my jammies. Threw a load of laundry in and was working on picking up...then Naomi and I started working on a craft when the phone rang and David was on the other end, MAD. He said, "You're never going to believe this. I have family day." (It was cute because he assumed I wouldn't come). He underestimated me ;)

I looked at the clock. It was 11:40. I asked until when and he told me 9:30. I told him I'd be there in 4 hours.

I was in such a hurry, I threw on a dress and put some supplies in a bag for the kids. By 12:00 I was on the road. I needed a car charger though, to use my phone and because of the wind storms last week,. the store was OUT of car chargers...while everyone's power was out they went and bought car chargers! I never owned one but needed one now. Finally found one, filled up with gas and realized I didn't have directions! LOL! Called my friend and she gave me directions and kept me company on the phone until I got there. I went through the gate at 4:10 but wasn't able to find David until 4:50 (boo). But atleast we had from 5:00 until 9:30.

Since he thought he wasn't graduating, he loaned his tie for his dress greens to his battle buddy who couldn't find his. That meant he didn't have a dress green uniform which meant we couldn't go off post. Luckily while I was lost I had found the on post lodging. We went back to the Wickam Inn and they said they didn't have a room but at 6:00 they could cancel unarrived unconfirmed reservations and we could have one. So we went to this little Italian restaurant next door and had a great meal, then went back and got the greatest suite!

David played with the kids and we sat and cuddled and talked and ate our desserts from the restaurant. We had a little panic when Naomi took my wireless airtime card and put it in the in-room safe and locked it! Maintenance had to come and reset the safe! So that was a little side-drama. Then when I did get the equipment, I wasn't able to use it much anyway because the hotel had a metal roof and I had bad reception. But I was able to show David a few layouts and let him read a few blog posts in our little bit of time together.

At 9, we headed back to the barracks so that he wouldn't be late. We managed not to cry when we said our good-byes. I told him I couldn't cry because I hadn't had time to pack the Motrin and I get horrible headaches when I cry! It was such a wonderful visit and it was perfect to hold me over until we get to see him again.

My boys at the Italian restaurant! It's like looking at a little David, huh?

We got a couple to take a photo of us outside of the restaurant. I'm a little disappointed because there was a big smudge on my camera lens! :( It's right over Parker if you didn't notice!

Playing with Parker.
Snuggling with Naomi. Notice how the phone is off the hook? LOL!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so wonderful Lena! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with him! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Awww Lena! I'm so happy that you got to see each other after all. I hope it was enough time to get you through AIT!

OrianaVianey said...

I'm so happy for you and the kids Lena. And I totally admire you. I have no idea what would I do if Victor was away for so long.

Parker is so big... and Naomi is a little lady... wow, the times flies.

Be strong girlfriend... you are a wonderful person and everything will be ok because you deserve it.

Hugs, Oriana

Kresta said...

Great pictures and I'm glad you got to see each other! :)

Unknown said...

lena!!! i am sooooo happy for you and david and the kidlets! you military wives are seriously my heroes! :) i honestly don't know HOW you do it.

Shawna said...

Aww Lena that's so great that you got to go spend some time with him, even if it was just a few short hours! I'm sure it was just what you needed to get through the next few months!

Becca said...

I am so happy for you guys girl!! That was so awesome that you were able to get a family day!! I know how important that is!!

You are a strong woman!! I totally admire you!((hugs))

Lynn said...

So glad it all worked out babe!
xxx