Friday, September 26, 2008

The One With Naomi's Book

It was finally time to do the dreaded task...take away Naomi's binkies. I planned originally on letting her have them until her second birthday which is in a few weeks. Then I thought I may let her keep them through the transition without Papa...so until December or so...but then I discovered two of them with BIG gaping holes where she was chewing them. So it was sayonara soother! I wrote her this social story book to help her through the transition. We've been 3 nights and 2 days without it now and there was a point at 6 a.m. this morning where she didn't want to go back to bed without one but she did.

Here is the cover of the finished product. There is cardstock glued to the back of the 4x6 photos and they are laminated...she has been reading it a bunch so I wanted it to be sturdy


Here is the digital file of all 8 pages of the story!
Photobucket



So that's all from me for now bloggers...hope you have a great day!

8 comments:

Mary said...

She's so sweet and great name for her binki. Have a great weekend.

Bird Stalker Photography said...

That is such a cute idea! Hope all is well without the binkie!

Pillowgirl said...

That is a FANTASTIC album. I love how you made that for her to look back on. One day when she is a mommy she will know the best tricks lol.

Laura said...

I love that idea! We had to take Katelyn's away at 22 months (she called hers peep) and I just cut a hole in it and when she sucked on it, it whistled. She made the saddest face I had ever seen! Then I had her throw it in the trash. I felt sooo mean! I like this way a lot better! (btw, usually once you make it through those first few days your good to go!!) Good luck!

Mel said...

What a sweet little book! Great idea! It's so hard when they outgrow their binkis! I'm storing this idea away for my mommy friends.

Melinda

lorig said...

What a great idea and a fun book for her to remember why she doesn't have them anymore.

AmberLV said...

Love it!

Lynn said...

This is so adorable... although was trying something similar with Jake, made him a book too, but his book ended up in the toilet... maybe it's cause it wasn't as pretty as yours? Not to mention, have found a few he's had stashed, sneaky bugger!
Hope you are well sweetie!
xxx